If you chip or break a tooth, you may assume restoration will take multiple visits. However, we can often repair teeth in Albuquerque, NM, with tooth bonding. Try today’s fun quiz to find out more about our cosmetic treatments.
Try Our Quiz on Tooth Bonding
- True or False: A chipped tooth impacts oral health.
- True or False: Bonding takes one visit to complete.
- True or False: We can address other cosmetic issues.
- True or False: We can also discuss contouring.
- True. When you damage a tooth, even if said damage appears minor, then the inner dentin could be exposed to bacteria, allowing a cavity to form. In addition to discomfort, a cavity can also cause an eventual infection or abscess. Your oral health then suffers.
- True. We complete the procedure in a single visit. We first remove any decay and then clean the tooth. We prepare the composite resin, which we can shade to blend with the rest of the tooth. We then cure the material under a light, shaping the tooth in the process. We end the procedure by polishing the tooth, which helps ensure a more natural appearance.
- True. Along with repairing chipped teeth, we can also mask permanent teeth stains, which form below the enamel and may be difficult to remove with teeth whitening. We also help close gaps between teeth.
- True. Contouring may be performed in the same visit, which involves buffing away a small segment of surface structure. Contouring allows us to reshape minor damage, dull overly pointed teeth, and remove any pits or grooves in the tooth surface. If you have any questions or concerns about repairing teeth, or about the bonding process, then contact our team today.
Interested in Tooth Bonding?
At Snow Park Dental, Dr. Mark A. Miller and our team will help repair a tooth, often in one visit. Contact us today at 505-299-2979 to schedule a consultation at our Albuquerque, NM, office. We welcome patients and families from Rio Rancho, Corrales, Edgewood, Tijeras, Los Lunas, and all surrounding communities.