A dental crown offers a chance to repair teeth and boost the smile’s health and appearance. In today’s blog, we’re looking at how these restorations help our Albuquerque, NM, patients enjoy improved oral health. How do we create one? What makes them such a natural looking dental restoration? When should you see your dentist for a custom restoration?
Improving Oral Health with Crowns
- They Look Natural: We create them using a number of different materials, but when possible, we opt for materials that blend with the rest of the smile. Ceramic for the front facing teeth offers a restoration that mimics the translucent nature of tooth enamel, and one that can be shaded to match surrounding teeth. We also have porcelain-fused-to-metal for the rear teeth that must be able to absorb more serious bite forces. We want our patients to feel proud of their newly repaired smile.
- They Repair Teeth: Since they cover the entire visible portion of a tooth, they provide a number of cosmetic and restorative benefits. For example, we may use them to repair cracked or chipped teeth. They help lengthen worn down teeth, which may occur as a result of teeth grinding. If a tooth is infected or develops a serious case of tooth decay, they offer a strong and dependable restoration to return the tooth to optimal health and function.
- Addressing Tooth Loss: Did you know they also aid in tooth replacement for those with one or more missing teeth? For example, we attach crowns to the replacement teeth in a dental bridge. The crown attaches to surrounding teeth to anchor the new ones into the smile, offering replacement for between one and three missing teeth in a row. We also use them to restore and complete single tooth dental implants, providing long-lasting tooth replacement.
- Long-Lasting Restorations: How long do they last? Well, if you maintain good oral hygiene then they could last for decades in some cases. You should care for them as you would a natural tooth, which means brushing and flossing them alongside your other teeth. We also suggest seeing us every six months for routine checkups and cleanings.
- Cosmetic Benefits: If you have a misshapen tooth, or one with permanent stains or serious damage, then a crown can restore the beauty of your smile in as little as two visits.
Does Your Smile Need Repair?
At Snow Park Dental, Dr. Mark A. Miller and our team want to help you enjoy a healthy, function, and beautiful smile. Contact us today at (505) 596-4479 to schedule a consultation at our Albuquerque, NM, office. We welcome patients and families from Rio Rancho, Tijeras, Los Lunas, and all surrounding communities.
Share this Article