When was the last time you received a dental checkup? Routine general dental care, such as checkups and cleanings, is essential for keeping your teeth and gums healthy. According to the American Dental Association, children and adults should undergo a routine checkup once every six months. At Snow Park Dental, your Albuquerque dentist, Dr. Mark Miller, provides the latest in quality general dental care. In today’s blog, Dr. Miller uses a fun and informative quiz to illustrate our unique approach to general dentistry.
1. True or False: Checkups allow Dr. Miller to watch for signs of developing dental issues.
2. True or False: Dental cleanings help prevent the onset of gum disease.
3. True or False: Dr. Miller offers treatment for both bruxism and TMJ disorder.
1. True. With a dental checkup, Dr. Miller performs a thorough oral examination to assess the state of your dental health. He also provides state-of-the-art oral cancer screenings. Early detection of major dental issues increases the chances of recovery.
2. True. During a dental cleaning, our talented hygienists will remove the layers of plaque buildup from your teeth. Plaque can irritate the gums, potentially leading to inflammation or gingivitis. If left untreated, gingivitis can cause gum disease, threatening the stability of your smile. A simple cleaning helps your breath stay fresh and your smile remain free of periodontal disease.
3. True. Bruxism, or teeth grinding, can damage your teeth. Bruxism also places excessive stress on the jaw joints, leading to TMJ disorder. Dr. Miller provides a simple treatment option for addressing both issues: an intraoral device. Similar to a mouth guard, this oral appliance repositions the jaw to ease the strain on jaw joints. It also prevents the upper and lower teeth from touching, eliminating teeth grinding.
Do you need a checkup or a cleaning? Interested in receiving our innovative general dental care? Then contact your Albuquerque general dentist today. Dr. Miller provides our patients with the latest in general dentistry. Visit our Albuquerque dentist’s office or call (505) 596-4479 to make an appointment. We serve patients from Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Edgewood, Corrales, Los Lumas, Tijeras, Mountain Air, Santa Fe, and Taos.
What Our patients