Do your teeth show signs that indicate nighttime bruxism (or teeth grinding). Then you should consider wearing a dental mouthpiece. Many patients who suffer from teeth grinding often receive prescription mouthguards from their dentists. However, not every good mouthguard requires a prescription. Dr. Mark Miller, your Albuquerque, NM dentist suggests the top-rated mouthpieces in order to help his patients manage their teeth grinding habits.
Prevent Your Nighttime Bruxism Habit with These Mouthguards
- SnoreRX. The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) has approved this mouthpiece for patient use. The device offers optimal comfort by using a polycarbonate material that doesn’t require rubber bands, springs, or screws. It’s even been proven to help patients who suffer from TMD (temporomandibular joint disorder).
- Zquiet. Soft rubber gives this dental mouthpiece added comfort, and it’s ready to use right out of the box. Though this mouthguard is a one-size-fits-all type, users can cut the sides to make minor adjustments. Plus, this mouthguard doesn’t restrict you from opening and closing your mouth while you sleep.
- Vital Sleep. These mouthguards come in two sizes: regular or small. Should you purchase the wrong size, the manufacturer will replace the device for free. Users can keep this mouthguard for up to 12 months before replacing it. Moreover, the piece is adjustable, with several increments, to ensure comfort.
- Snore Guard. This mouthguard is available through prescription only, as it requires a fitting from the dentist. Furthermore, much like athletic mouthguards, this one is a boil-and-bite. In other words, users must boil the mouthpiece to soften the inner lining before it’s used. Your Albuquerque, NM dentist suggests replacing this mouthguard every 12 to 14 months.
- Pure sleep. This is an at-home, customizable mouthpiece. Inside, the mouthguard is lined with a malleable material that adjusts to your teeth specifically. Additionally, the mouthguard has three settings that can conform to your bite. Patients should take care to replace this mouthpiece every six to nine months to receive the most effective results.
Snow Park Dental Offers Patients Teeth Grinding Treatments
If you think you may suffer from teeth grinding and would like to try using a dental mouthpiece to sleep, talk to your Albuquerque, NM dentist. With the proper treatment, Dr. Miller can relieve your bruxism symptoms. To schedule an appointment, call us at (505) 596-4479. Also, visit our website to view the smile gallery, print patient forms, and read reviews from loyal patients. We look forward to treating families from Rio Rancho, Corrales, Edgewood, Tijeras, Los Lunas, and surrounding communities.