For those of you who have wondered what type of services a family dentist offers, this article can help. A family dentist is trained in a number of areas to help accommodate your family regardless of your oral ailments.
Dr. Mark Miller, your Albuquerque, NM family dentist shares the differing types of dentistry encompassed within family dentistry.
The Differing Kinds of Dentistry
- Cosmetic. This branch of dentistry has become one of the most popular. With procedures, such as, teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, dental bonding, and even tooth and gum contouring you can make your smile practically flawless.
- Restorative. Needing restorative dentistry could mean a number of things. For example, should you ever suffer any mouth trauma, restorative dentistry can make your smile functional again. Or, for patients who have endured tooth loss, a restorative dental piece like an implant can help recreate a uniform smile.
- Preventative. The most commonly known type of dentistry is the preventative kind. This includes regular check-ups and cleanings, which include oral cancer screenings, too. Plus, should you need cavity fillings, dental sealants, or even fluoride treatments, preventative dentistry takes care of those issues.
- Senior. As people continue to age, their need for specialized dental care increases. To help with tooth replacement methods, dry mouth, and bone loss issues, senior dentistry caters to the mature adult.
- Orthodontics. Though many people think that orthodontics is meant more for teenagers, it’s never too late to correct a misaligned smile. Today, you can choose from a number of different types of braces. Patients can opt for traditional metal braces, ceramic braces, and even lingual braces. Furthermore, for patients who wish to straighten their teeth discreetly, clear braces may work the best.
Visit Snow Park Dental for a Variety of Dental Services
If you’re looking for a dental practice that can treat your entire family from infancy to older adults, then visit Dr. Miller at Snow Park Dental. He and his friendly staff can make you feel at ease during every dental visit. To schedule an appointment with your Albuquerque, NM family dentist, call us at (505) 596-4479. Also, visit our website to view the smile gallery, print patient forms, and read reviews from loyal patients. We look forward to treating families from Rio Rancho, Corrales, Edgewood, Tijeras, Los Lunas, and surrounding communities.
Share this Article