We’re now in the second month of 2017, have you been to the dentist lately? If you haven’t scheduled your first checkup of the year, you should consider doing so. What may seem like a minor visit is actually vital to helping you maintain a healthy and attractive smile.
Try Our Checkup Quiz
- True or False: You need one twice a year.
- True or False: The doctor looks for multiple issues during a checkup.
- True or False: We use advanced technology during your visit.
- True or False: We will also offer a cleaning.
- True. We recommend them once every six months. On average, tooth decay and other similar oral health concerns take about six months to form. Undergoing routine checkups allows us to identify areas of possible risk and treat them, preventing you from suffering any discomfort due to cavities or other problems.
- True. In addition to tooth decay, we will also look for gingivitis, periodontal disease, and oral cancer. We also examine the jaw for any indicators of TMJ disorder or bruxism. If allowed to progress, these issues can threaten the health and stability of your smile.
- True. We use digital x-rays to gather detailed images of your smile below the gum line. We can then make more accurate diagnoses. In addition, we can use intraoral cameras to gain a close-up view of your teeth and gums, identifying possible concerns before they can threaten your smile’s stability.
- True. Cleaning involves removing the plaque and tartar from the surface of the teeth and then polishing them. As a result, your smile can experience a reduced risk of decay or periodontal disease. The procedure also helps brighten your teeth and freshen your breath.
Share this Article