Are you hiding under the covers because you recently found out you need a tooth extraction to protect your smile? Though nobody jumps for joy at this suggestion, patients do tend to warm up to the idea when they learn more about what to expect. Fortunately, an extraction offers extraordinary protection for your smile. It may even protect your wallet in the long run. So before you make assumptions about the removal of your tooth, we encourage you to take the following quiz. With a slight shift in your perspective, you will likely find that this is the first step on the path toward the comfortable, healthy smile you deserve.
Tooth Extraction Quiz: True or False?
- True or False: You may need a tooth extraction only if you break your tooth too badly for repair.
- True or False: After tooth extraction, we will offer you a variety of solutions to replace your tooth, so you can enjoy a complete, beautiful smile again.
- True or False: Removing your tooth actually protects your mouth in most cases.
Quiz Answer Key
- False. Tooth extraction may become necessary in a variety of situations in which other restorative dentistry solutions cannot save your tooth. This may include a tooth too physically damaged for other solutions, like a dental crown. Or, your tooth may suffer from a serious infection that is too advanced for root canal treatment or that has not responded to root canal therapy.
- True. The tooth removal is only the first step in repairing your smile. We offer a variety of replacement options, including bridges, implants, and dentures, so you can return to optimal functioning and oral health.
- True. You may think of removing a tooth as a negative thing but it is actually quite beneficial. In some cases, your tooth is the source of your problem and will continue to cause more and more complications when left in place. For example, removing your tooth can prevent the abscess of an infected tooth or the spread of that infection to surrounding healthy tissues. This will save you time and money by helping you avoid the need for more intensive procedures.
ABOUT YOUR ALBUQUERQUE DENTIST:
At Snow Park Dental, Dr. Miller provides the preventive, restorative, and cosmetic dental care you need to help you enjoy optimal oral health and a beautiful smile. Contact us today at (505) 596-4479 to schedule a consultation or appointment at our Albuquerque, NM dentist’s office. We proudly serve families from Rio Rancho, Corrales, Edgewood, Tijeras, Los Lunas, and surrounding communities.
Share this Article