Are you tired of teeth that seem too big or ones that are overlapping? Issues like those can distract from an otherwise beautiful smile. Luckily you don’t have to settle, where your teeth are concerned. Contouring is a fast way to fix those issues, giving you a more symmetrical and esthetically pleasing smile, of which you can be proud. But your teeth aren’t the only element that affects your smile. If you think there’s nothing that can be done about your “gummy” smile, it’s time to think again. While not as common as some cosmetic treatments, like whitening or veneers, gum contouring is gaining popularity as another way to improve a smile.
What Contouring Can Do For Your Teeth
- Cosmetic tooth contouring is one of the fastest and most affordable forms of cosmetic dental treatment. It can often be completed in less than an hour.
- During this procedure the dentist will gently file away portions of the teeth that are disproportionally large or overlapping, helping to reveal a more symmetrical and beautiful smile.
- Contouring can also be used in conjunction with bonding, which involves adding composite resin to the teeth to help address gaps between the teeth, permanent staining, or disproportionally small teeth.
Gum Contouring Can Also Help
- If the issue isn’t your teeth, but your gums, cosmetic dentistry can still help.
- Gum contouring is more invasive, as it involves surgically altering the gum line by sculpting away excess tissue and creating a more even gumline through the use of a laser.
- Because the laser is able to suture as the dentist works, recovery time is far less than in the past, when traditional surgery methods were necessary in order to complete the treatment.
Share this Article